The mission of Orange Grove Elementary Charter School is to develop students with the intellectual power to become confident, caring, and responsible life-long learners by providing an innovative, supportive learning environment that emphasizes creative and critical thinking skills while respecting individual differences.
- People deserve to be treated with respect.
- People must be held accountable for their actions and learning.
- People have a need to feel safe, secure, loved, and accepted.
- People have a right and responsibility to be life-long learners and to contribute positively to society.
- People are unique and individual differences need to be recognized and respected.
- Students are entitled to support of their learning, at home and at school.
- People should be given the opportunity to learn and excel according to their individual modality and rate of learning.
- People are entitled to their own views and opinions and to have the opportunity to express them in an open, courteous forum.
- Students, parents, and teachers show responsibility for their actions, and fair and natural consequences are consistently enforced and accepted as a means to learn and grow.
- Every student works to his fullest potential, respects others, and will feel the need to be a responsible, life-long learner.
- Class size enables students and teachers to have adequate time for personal interaction and individual instruction.
- Teachers use a variety of innovative teaching approaches to provide a multi-leveled curriculum, so each child may achieve his potential.
- Every student works to his fullest potential to achieve success within a curriculum that meets his needs for present, and builds scaffolding for the future.
- There is strong communication and support among administrators, teachers, parents, and students.
- Students begin to develop a life long love for learning and a curiosity of the world around them.
- Students with learning differences are diagnosed promptly and their needs are met in an appropriate learning environment.
- Teams of administrators, teachers, parents, and community representatives work together to provide a positive learning environment.
- Students will relate to others in a respectful and cooperative manner.
- Students will demonstrate mathematical and scientific literacy in solving real-life problems.
- Students will develop a love for reading and appreciation for quality literature.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency and knowledge in the use of technology.
- Students will be able to comprehend and communicate ideas effectively in verbal and written form.